We want to keep everyone updated on what we’re doing as a district to combat COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This page will be kept up to date with the latest information regarding COVID-19 and its effect on CCAISD.
Self Care Tips
March 2021 marks one year since COVID-19 began disrupting our lives. The levels of stress, anxiety, overwhelm and compassion fatigue has grown substantially in people’s lives during this time. Below are a few practical tips that can help support overall wellness and resiliency during this time.
- Get enough sleep. Getting 7-9 hours of sleep increases daily productivity and boosts mood.
- Exercise daily. Getting up and moving for at least 30-45 minutes of sustained activity.
- Eat healthy and well-balanced meals. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals. Make sure that you are getting adequate protein, healthy fats, and a variety of vegetables. Avoid processed foods and sugar.
- Go outdoors. Getting outside can help you escape the stressors of work and school. Being outdoors is good for your mind and mood and can help strengthen your immune system.
- Build a strong support system. Connect with friends and family and embrace new and existing interests.
- Manage stress. Although some stress can fuel motivation and drive, when we don’t properly manage stress it can lead to exhaustion, burn out and physical ailments. Find some time each day to sit quietly and take a deep breath. Try starting your day with a few minutes of deep breathing exercises.
What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccination will help protect you from getting COVID-19. You may have some side effects, which are normal signs that your body is building protection. These side effects may affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days.
As a result of school closures and remote learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students have been at higher risk of exposure due to adverse childhood experiences and first hand exposure to the effects of COVID-19. We also know that many educators have themselves experienced a prolonged state of stress over the course of the pandemic and share many of the concerns regarding loss of safety, health, and predictability as students upon the return to school.
General COVID-19 Information
- How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask
- COVID-19 in Children and Teens
- Resources for Children and Teens, and Other Populations
CCAISD Response to COVID-19
Employee Safety Protocol
Back to School Planning: Checklists to Guide Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers
Compensatory Services & COVID-19 School Closures
ARD Guide and Procedural Safeguards