Culberson County provides some essential and/or critical services that are necessary for the conduct of public education. Those services will be provided without opening the facilities.
Culberson County Personnel: No Culberson County Allamoore ISD personnel will be allowed in the facilities, unless specifically exempted, and they are encouraged to follow the Amended Order’s directives for residents of Culberson County to stay in their residences except for the following:
- Tasks essential to health and safety of residents of the household.
- Obtaining necessary supplies of food and medication.
- To provide care to a family member or dependent in another household.
- Obtaining medical care for themselves, a dependent, or other family member residing with them or dependent upon their care.
Additionally, Culberson County Allamoore ISD personnel residing in Culberson County must comply with the Amended Order’s requirement to remain home if they are sick and to quarantine all members of the household if an individual in the household is diagnosed with COVID-19.
ESSENTIAL/CRITICAL FUNCTIONS and PERSONNEL: Culberson County Allamoore ISD facilities and certain personnel are exempt from the Amended Order for the following reasons:
- To provide governmental services needed to ensure the welfare of the public. (Exception found on page 2, section 5.a, page 3, 5d, page 3-5, 5fiii, 5fviii, 5fx of the Amended Order).
- To provide government services for the operations and maintenance of internet services and telecommunications infrastructure for computing services, business infrastructure, communications, and web-based services of public schools and charter schools in the Culberson County Allamoore ISD Service Area. (Exception found on page 5, section 5fxiv of the Amended Order) Examples include the Region Fiber Optic Network and related support services to schools, provision of Zoom teleconferencing to schools, and maintenance of the Culberson County Allamoore ISD network for off-site use by employees providing service to schools.
- To provide food to economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals by supplying Texas public schools with support services for their food commodities purchases and their compliance with state and federal guidelines regarding the National School Lunch Program. (Exception found on page 4, section 5fx, page 6, hiii, of the Amended Order) Examples include the Multi-Region Food Cooperative and the support of the national School Lunch Program and similar child nutrition programs.
- To provide accounting and other business office-related services necessary to assist public school districts and charter schools in the Culberson County Allamoore ISD Service Area with their business office operations, including, but not limited, to ensuring accurate and timely payroll distributions, and ensuring compliance with other legally mandated public school business practices. (Exception found on page 6, section 5, gi, gii of the Amended Order) Examples include the Culberson County Allamoore ISD Business and Human Resources Offices support of personnel working offsite and the support of schools’ business and student information systems.
Personnel necessary to provide the exempted services have been identified and notified of that status. They have strict directives regarding when and how they are to work in the Culberson County Allamoore ISD facilities.
Additionally, Culberson County Allamoore ISD staff and independent contractors who provide cleaning and sanitizing services of the ESC’s facilities are exempted from the Amended Order and will continue to maintain the Culberson County Allamoore ISD buildings.
All other services of the Culberson County Allamoore ISD will be provided by staff working offsite in their homes or at locations outside of Culberson County if they reside outside the county.